- The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS, is an international standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native English language speakers.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to help you work, study, or migrate to a country where English is the native language.
- Your ability to listen, read, write, and speak in English will be assessed during the test.
- IELTS is graded on a scale of 1-9.
- If you are looking to work, live or study in an English-speaking country, then you must be able to demonstrate a high level of English language ability.
- English is the third most spoken language in the world, with 379 million speakers worldwide.
- Being able to communicate in the native language of the country you wish to work or study in, has a wide range of benefits. It is also essential for job opportunities as well as integration into the community.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enroll in English-speaking universities.
- The test is accepted by more than 11,000 universities and other institutions in over 190 countries and territories.
- TOEFL is one of the two major English-language tests in the world, the other being the IELTS.
TEF Canada / TEFAQ
- TEF Canada / TEFAQ Test d’évaluation de français
- The TEF Canada and TEFAQ are French language proficiency tests recognized by the Ministère de l’Immigration de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) as a measure of proficiency for its Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ) immigration selection process, as well as Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for federal immigration applications and for the citizenship selection process.
- The TEF Québec (TEFAQ) examination consists of four tests:
- Oral comprehension: 40 min – 60 questions
- Oral expression: 15 min – 2 topics
- Written comprehension: 60 min – 50 questions
- Written expression: 60 min – 2 topics
- In general, the requirements of the Minister of Immigration are:
- Canadian Citizenship: listening and speaking during the same session of TEF Canada.
- Federal Canadian immigration programs: reading comprehension, listening, writing, and speaking during the same session of TEF Canada.
- Immigration Quebec: The listening and speaking tests are mandatory and the writing and speaking tests are at the discretion of the candidate.
- The TCF-Q, test de connaissance du franςais pour le Québec, is an examination specially designed for people who want to immigrate to Quebec.
While the TCF-Q is more targeted to Quebec immigration, applicants may instead choose to take the TCF, or any other French language test approved by the Quebec government